CURLS Spot - Keep Updated on the Latest in Quality Curly Hair Care!

Monday, October 16, 2006

CURLS Hosts "My Nappy Roots" Reception


CURLS hosts the post screening reception for the award winning documentary, My Nappy Roots, Sunday 10/15/06!

Celebrity interviews: Vivica A Fox, Patti Labelle, Elise Neal, Kim Fields, Malcolm-Jamal Warner + more.


"My Nappy Roots," is an edutainment documentary that takes an unparalleled look at how black hair is used as a prism through which to look at cultural, societal, and political issues in the African American community over time. The film reveals the significance and pride of African hairstyles prior to the first arrival of enslaved Africans to African Americans, where the broader struggle of Blackpeople began, to the modern establishment of black hair as an economic mainstay in America. This struggle translates into a billion dollar industry - ethnic hair care -that exists today. Celebrity and industry leaders share their hair stories and reflections on the industry. Celebrity interviews include Vivica A Fox, Patti LaBelle, Elise Neal, Kim Fields, Malcolm-Jamal Warner and others; industry leaders include George Johnson (Johnson Products), Ed Garndner (Soft Sheen Products), Gary Gardner (Organic Root), Bernard Bronner (Bronner Brothers International hair show and products) and many others. As a 22-minute short, the film has won numerous awards to include Best Documentary (2004 Hollywood Black Film Festival and San Francisco Black Film Festival), Best of Best (FESPACO, International Film Festival in Africa), and the Audience Choice Award (African American Women in Cinema 2005 Film festival). Because of these accolades, the short is in the process of being lengthen to a feature length for release Summer2006.

In closing, I invite you to review the short at http://homepage.mac.com/virginmoon/iMovieTheater1.html

Password: nappy

7 Comments:

  • I have been using your products for the last year and a half and I just heard on your website that you are going to change your packaging. I say dont do it. You have been out for years now and it is a part of your brand identity. People identify the 'Curls Difference' with the clean elegant packaging you have. I say keep it the way it is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:26 PM  

  • Hi people
    I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:16 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:24 AM  

  • Hi everybody....can anyone here give me any suggestion on how to stop hair loss. I am losing my hair like anything. Every time I wash or comb my hair, I find bunch of my hair in hand. if this carries on I think I will turn bald one day. Please help
    me out...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 AM  

  • Annie, I don't know if I can provide you the link here.. I've been using this site's product since the last month or so, and my hair is seemly fuller... I'll copy paste the link I have in my word file for you Thinning Hair Cure Cheers and don't go bald .. lol

    By Blogger Dr. Johnny (mba.phd), at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home